Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thy Catafalque - Cor Cordium Demo

The experimental black metal tag can be a giant red flag that screams "I make shitty music in my mom's basement!" So it is always good to take these things with a grain of salt...or sometimes a whole ocean of salt.

Thy Catafalque have been around for over 10 years now, so I suppose they have a bit of underground cred. They're a couple of moody Hungarians that go in and out of cold black metal and weird soundscapes. Unfortunately what I have for you here is not their strongest effort. Truth be told, this might be my least favorite Thy Catafalque release. I'm posting Cor Cordium because it's their demo from 1998 and it is a little harder to find than the other stuff.

Not as black as the coffee that sits in front of me, but...

HERE

2 comments:

  1. Man, this demo is a rarity! It has almost completely nothing to do with the recent works of Thy Catafalque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now please post the 2009 album, too, to provide some real quality music.

    ReplyDelete